The typical quick lunch or dinner for American people consist of hamburger, fries or hotdog. However, lately, Japanese cuisine like Sushi, Sashimi, Tempura, and Miso soup are becoming favorite among the people in the West. Sushi features at the top of that list. Sushi consists of seasoned rice. Though it originated in Japan, over the years it has become a regular food item in the menu of people around the world. We all love to dig into this sumptuous, and tasty food item at the lunch break or the end of a hectic day. Several sushi places have come up where you can both sit down and eat or you can pack a take-out.
Different varieties of sushi
Variety of sushi preparations are available at these sushi restaurants. They serve traditional and contemporary sushi delicacies. Sushi usually contains raw toppings consisting of salmon, tuna, squid, red snapper or scallop. However, the western countries have added their flavors – cream cheese, avocado, crab, etc.
- Aji is made from Japanese horse mackerel whereas Kamasau is made from Japanese barracuda.
- Red Dragon roll is made with bluefin tuna.
- Stuffed sushi is a special type of delicacy. Inari sushi is stuffed with tofu and Chaikin sushi is also known as sweet egg pouch.
- Fermented sushi is known as Narezushi.
Sushi rolls with western flavor that are available at the take outs and restaurants are:-
- Caterpillar Maki is spicy and made from eel, avocado, mayo and eel sauce. The name is due to the outer greenish covering with avocado.
- Rainbow sushi has five types of fish and cucumber inside.
- Spider roll is deep-fried with avocado and cucumber inside it.
- There are different types of vegetable rolls as well, such as asparagus, cucumber or carrot inside it.
No matter how much you love good food, at the end of a long day or when you need to take a hurried lunch you cannot just sit in a restaurant and enjoy. You may want to relax at home with friends and family while enjoying your favorite sushi. Sushi take out is always the best option in such cases. It means eating your sushi with chopsticks out of a paper container. This is much faster and cheaper.
When opting for take-out it is better to do some research to find out the best restaurant. Do not just fall for an enticing menu. Many restaurants have an online menu; choose the one with the healthiest option. Not all restaurants are good at preparing all the items. Look at the reviews to find out the ones who are best for a particular item. Price is another thing that needs to be kept in mind and it is not just the price of food item; Charge also depends on the number of packs ordered. If you order more items or packs then the charge is sometimes reduced.
There are several places where you can find delectable and sumptuous sushi dishes which you can either enjoy in the restaurant environment or take out and eat later.